Our friend Bill was interviewed by the local Harrisonburg TV station this evening, where he was able to tell the story about Gil's experience. Here's a link (you'll need to scroll to the bottom to see the video):
http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/7091201.html
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Bill did an outstanding job in the interview...and he's right, Gil, you are a hero! Thanks for sharing the link to the video with us.
Hey Gil & Nell-Marie -
We have been praying for you guys. We appreciate you taking the time to give us updates on this horrific tragedy. Please let us know if you need anything at all.
Velvet & Kevin
Hi Gil & Nell-Marie-
Thanks for the blog, this is Brian Bassett. I know Nell-Marie from our time at JMU. I am glad to hear that you are safe and well. Know that my wife and I are keeping you in our prayers.
I am starting to cry as I write this.
Brian Bassett
bbassett@gmail.com
Sr. Guillermo:
Cuando escuche que ud. era uruguayo,no lo podia creer.Por lo que lei,se ve que paso muy mal,pero tuvo la suerte de quedar debajo de un compañero.Es increible lo que paso..........
Esperemos que no vuelva a pasar.
Hace mucho tiempo que estaba estudiando en Virginia Tech?
Mis mas sinceros saludos,vivo en Nueva Jersey con mi familia.....
(Margot Espinosa)
MUCHA FUERZA GUILLE Y FAMILIA, SALDRAS ADELANTE !!!
MARIO Y FAMILIA
DESDE VALENCIA ESPAÑA
Fuerza che, hay que seguir adelante, no es facil, pero hay que hacerlo, mucha suerte.
Este blog salió en canal 10 de uruguay, en el informativo. que nefasto lo que paso... toda la fuerza para ustedes. desde montevideo, uruguay.
You've through a very rough situation, and thanks God you can tell the story. Wish you all the best and keep blogging so we can see how you're doing.
Raquel from Uruguay
Me enteré del Blog por canal 12 de Uruguay. La historia de Guillermo casi me hace llorar... Es increible por todo lo que tuvo que pasar!!
Un gran saludo y desde Uruguay le mandamos mucha fuerza. A seguir adelante!!!
Bill did a wonderful job. He is such a wonderful friend. Our prayers and thoughts are with you always.
sI SOS uruguayo ..
Escribi en español ..
y espero que no se vuelva a repetir como la que te sucedio, una cosa asi cerca de un uruguayo jamas...
Hace poco nos enteramos . recien despues de años ... que habia un uruguayo entre los muertos del atentado a las torres gemelas.
Va con onda escribi en Español tambien ... o ya te olvidastes ?? .. nah no creo .. los uruguayos Nunca Olvidamos.
Un saludo grande cuidate...
Lo último en lo que está pensando es en qué idioma escribir...
No se trata de patriotismo. Lo que pasó es un hecho francamente espantoso le pase a quien le pase, provenga de donde provenga, hable el idioma que hable y suceda en el país que suceda.
No hay palabras. Un fuerte abrazo desde Uruguay a guillermo, sus allegados y a los allegados de todas las víctimas.Fuerza.
Gil,
After Mary-Eileen and I learned of your incredible deliverance, I felt moved to share the following with you. We love you and continue to keep you, Nell-Marie and little Daniel in all our mass and prayer intentions.
Mike Russell
...
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?
Whilst the wicked draw near against me, to devour my flesh. My enemies that trouble me, have themselves been weakened, and have fallen.
If armies in camp should stand together against me, my heart shall not fear. If a battle should rise up against me, in this will I be confident.
One thing I have asked of the Lord, this will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. That I may see the delight of the Lord, and may visit his temple.
For he hath hidden me in his tabernacle; in the day of evils, he hath protected me in the secret place of his tabernacle.
I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait upon the Lord, do manfully, and let thy heart take courage, and wait thou for the Lord.
–Psalms 27
...
Nada te turbe
Nada te turbe;
nada te espante;
todo se pasa;
Dios no se muda,
la paciencia
todo lo alcanza.
Quien a Dios tiene,
nada le falta.
Solo Dios basta.
Let nothing disturb thee,
Let nothing frighten thee,
All things pass away,
God never changes.
It is with patience that
All things are completed.
For those who have God,
Nothing is lacking.
God alone is sufficient.
–St. Teresa of Avila
Thank you for giving us this opportunity to "see" God's provision for your lives close-up. I am reminded of something my Grandfather said regarding coming home from WWII. He(still)wondered at why he was allowed to come home and so many others weren't. I looked around the room at all his children and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, and I thought, "this is why". Although I know that we won't know for sure until we see Him face to face, I am certain of one thing, God certainly has a plan for your future. Bless you all- and we are praying for peace to be upon your family. "You will keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3
The Lohrs
Brian & Julie, Jonathan Stefanie Rebekah and Isaac.
Gill, Nell-Marie, Milt and Mary: Your story, while horrendous to you personally, is touching to so many others. We have hope out of tragedy. We are comforted in sorrow, losing so many promising lives but having your life spared. It gives meaning to each day henceforth. Know that so many from the CJIS family are keeping you in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. VintageLadyLinda
colmanfamilyupdates.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading colmanfamilyupdates.blogspot.com every day.
fast payday loans
online payday loan
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Post a Comment